FontCache service is supposed to be one of those always running services. Microsoft Office 2013 actually requires access to start and stop this service. If the service is disabled or non-working state, then Office install will not be able to complete.
This mostly happens if the Windows Font Cache service is not running, You’ve to manually start the service.
- Press Win+R, Type ‘services.msc’ in Run dialog box and hit Enter.
- Scroll down to ‘Windows front cache‘ and double-click to open it.
- Go to Logon tab, Select Logon as: ‘:Local System account’
- Tick ‘allow service to interact with desktop‘. If require reboot the system.
- Go back to General tab, Select Startup type and change to ‘Automatic‘
- ‘Start’ the service status and then click OK.
Note: Point 3 and 4 doesn’t necessary, first try with Point 1,2,5 and 6, the re-apply includes point 3 and 4.
Retry to proceed the Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus installation, I hope this solution has worked for you.