Whenever you sign into any of website on web browser like Chrome, IE, Mozilla Firefox or Safari, Web browser always trying to help to prompt you to save the password for that site. So that, next time when you open that side, you do not need to enter the password again to get login.
Definitely this feature make your life easier, but sometime it would potentially risk for your system in certain cases. Like, when you share your system with other people and don’t want to access your accounts. It is better to store password in your memory and it will add extra security to you, because you are only person knowing your password.
If you don’t want to store any passwords in your web browser. but web browser constantly asking you with popup “Would you like to save this password?” popups can start to get annoying. As per my advise, you can make your browser stop asking you to save passwords.
- Open the new browsing tab and type in address bar “chrome://settings”
- On the bottom on the settings page click Advance
- Under Passwords and forms, Click to expand the ‘Manage passwords’ section.
- Drag the slider to the ‘Off’ position.
This will also shows a list of all the passwords you’ve previously stored. To remove that particular password, click on three-dotted icon and then select ‘Remove.’
- Click menu > Options.
- Click the “Security” tab at the left side of the options page
- Uncheck “Remember logins for sites”.
You can click the “Saved Logins” button to see and remove them from Firefox.
- Click menu > Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings pane and click the “View advanced settings” button.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and services” section and set “Offer to save passwords” to “Off”.
You can click the “Manage my saved passwords” link to see and remove the saved password.
- Click Safari > Preferences.
- Click the “AutoFill” tab at the top of the window
- Uncheck “User names and passwords”.
You can see and remove password, which user names and passwords Safari already remembers. Click the “Edit” button to the right of User names and passwords and You can remove saved passwords from this list.
Watch my videos for other tech related content on my youtube channel.
Learn how to administer your Windows computer using only 1 tool.